Summer is coming and I LOVE salsa, all kinds of salsa. This little recipe of sweet and spicy will be great on your soft tacos, chips or veggie quesadilla. Even if you don’t have strawberries available you can swap that out and replace it with mango or other sweet seasonal fruit.
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- 4 small tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lime or 2 small limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Combine strawberries, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic and jalapeño in a large bowl.
- Stir in oil, lime juice, salt and sugar.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Down to Earth