I love potato chips, it’s one of my weaknesses and as we all know, not the healthiest thing to eat a lot of and often. So, I’m always on the lookout for some delicious snacks. I am an extreme snacker – chips – chips – chocolate – chips and more chips. This is a recipe I got from One Green Planet that I think is worth trying and see how you like it. If you like Kale chips, I think you will like these as well.
These garlicky and cheesy savoy cabbage chips is a great budget-friendly alternative for kale chips. They’re the loveliest crispy, savory, delicious, and very healthy snack. Quick and easy to make, perfect for movie nights or as an afternoon pick-me-up. Forget plain and boring veggie chips, these leaves here are covered with a thick and filling cheesy cashew layer. So satisfying!
- 10 savoy cabbage leaves
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 360ºF and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare cabbage. Remove ribs and cut leaves into quarters. Make sure the leaves are perfectly dry.
- Combine cashews, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, oil, and seasoning in a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cabbage leaves into a large bowl. Massage in dressing until well coated.
- Spread out cabbage leaves onto the prepared baking sheets in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd the leaves.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. If your oven doesn’t bake evenly, rotate the tray at the halfway mark.
Let them cool before serving.